Monday, May 11, 2009

Instant messaging - A long way of using a short word

I think I could use IM to inform library staff that their e-books are ready to rock n roll. I could use it for In-Process Requests to tell the users their books are ready to collect. All very serious for a beautiful yellow Monday morning. Going to see now if I can disturb the peace with some IM.

IM is right up my street once I am in the mood. It's like it's ok to interrupt all the time and think of something you want to say just as the other person is typing. I think it works well when you know the other person. Better to be fast on the old keyboard too. Alright to use on Facebook when a friend as sad as you on a Friday night knows you are online and knows how you normally speak/type.

No comments:

Post a Comment